Houston Health Department internships help you gain knowledge, skills, and experience relevant to your career path while making important professional connections.
Call Us: 832-393-5960
We offer internships throughout the year in these exciting areas:
Public Health, Planning, Monitoring, and Public Policy Development
- Community health statistics
- Staff training and development
- Health planning
- Public health practice
Health and Clinic Services
- HIV/ STD prevention
- Family planning
- Immunization clinics
- Dental services
- Health administration
Environmental Health Services
- Bureau of Air Quality Control
- Consumer health services
- Occupational health
- Health promotion and education
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Area Agency on Aging
- Public health preparedness
How long do internships last?
Full-and part-time internships are available throughout the year. Specific dates and times are arranged directly with your supervisor.
What are some of my responsibilities?
Interns perform a variety of functions important to the department’s success, including:
- Providing research topics
- Creating resource lists for outreach
- Writing materials for policy development and change
- Participating in public health training
- Participating in community outreach
- Assisting in monitoring air and water quality