Support the Community Re-Entry Network Program by donating to the Houston Health Foundation. Select Community Re-Entry Network Program from the Fund dropdown menu.
Directions and Transportation
- METRO Trip Planner
- We are on METRO bus routes #3 and #80
- Google Transit Trip Planner
- Houston Health Department
- Community Re-Entry Network Program
- 4802 Lockwood Drive, Houston, Texas 77026
Page last reviewed: March 28, 2023
Community Re-Entry Network Program
The Community Re-Entry Network Program is a program of the Houston Health Department. Our caring, multi-disciplinary staff is committed to addressing the needs of the “whole” person with innovative, evidence-based programming and linkage to services designed to meet the needs of formerly incarcerated persons, and interrupting the cycle of recidivism.
Education and Therapy
Anger management. The Community Re-Entry Network Program offers Anger Management: a Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration-approved, 12-hour program at affordable rates.
Get back on the road. The Community Re-Entry Network Program offers Texas Drug Offender Education: a State-approved, 15-hour course at affordable rates.
Peer Support group every Monday & Thursday from 6-7 p.m. with Microsoft Teams.
We now offer Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT).
If you have been recently released from incarceration and are seeking a second chance at employment and new opportunities, contact us. We may be able to help!
To work in partnership with the community to assess, plan, and implement effective strategies to reduce recidivism, increase public safety, and successfully assist and support ex-offenders in their transition in becoming productive, contributing members of the Houston community.
- We serve the whole person
- One-on-one counseling
- Referrals and linkages
- A supportive environment
- Assistance in making positive life decisions
- Career development
- Anger management
- Case management
- Job readiness
- Life skills courses
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
- Peer support group
- Resources, referrals and linkages
- Texas Drug Offenders Education Program (TDOEP)
- Thinking for a Change
Resources to Help You
- Access to healthcare/ACA enrollment and more
- Computer labs
- CRNP staff and volunteers
- Partnership with community agencies
- Social service information and application
- Transportation assistance