Page last reviewed: October 14, 2022
Population Health Issues
The Office of Planning, Evaluation and Research for Effectiveness comprises epidemiologists, statisticians, and GIS analysts who collaborate with multiple partners to research, analyze, interpret and share information on the health issues that affect our communities.
Houston State of Health
The Houston State of Health website helps community members and policymakers learn about the health of the community by providing local health data, community plans, resources, best practices, news articles and information about community events.
Houston Health Highlights
- Binge drinking in Houston/Harris County
- Food insecurity in Houston
- Health status and quality of life in Harris County
- Houston African American health highlights
- "JUULing": e-vaping among youth
- Latino health in Houston/Harris County
- Mental health needs of children in Houston/Harris County
- Opioid-Related ED visits in Texas, 2017
- Recovery from natural disasters slower in some areas and some populations
- Tobacco use and health
- Who are the uninsured in the Houston area?
If you do not find what you are looking for here, please e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know how we might help.