- COVID-19 Vaccine Finder
- Adult Safety Net Program
- Common Questions
- Disease Photo Library
- Immunization Schedules (All Ages)
- Requesting Immunization Records
- Texas Immunization Registry (ImmTrac2)
- Texas Vaccines for Children Program
- Vaccines for Adults
- Vaccines for Children
- Vaccines for Pregnant Women
- Vaccines for Travelers
- Vaccines by Disease
- Where to get Vaccinated
Page last reviewed: October 28, 2022
Our mission is to improve immunization coverage levels and protect Houston communities from vaccine-preventable diseases.
We offer immunizations at our health centers.
- Improve vaccination levels to Healthy People 2030 standards.
- Ensure children who may not have access to vaccinations due to an inability to pay receive all ACIP recommended vaccines on schedule.
- Effective monitoring of Vaccines for Children (VFC) providers to ensure vaccines are being stored and handled properly.
- Work with VFC providers to implement quality improvement strategies that assist with enhancing service delivery to increase vaccination coverage rates.
- Monitor and assess immunization compliance among licensed child-care centers, registered child-care homes, and schools.
- Provide awareness and education to community members on the importance of receiving immunizations throughout the course of their lifespan.
- Build partnerships with community stakeholders to spearhead immunization initiatives to improve vaccination rates.
- Educate and train providers on how to successfully consolidate immunization histories into the immunization registry to support the elimination of vaccine preventable diseases.
- Provide case management services to Hepatitis B positive pregnant women to prevent the perinatal transmission of hepatitis B.
- Educate birthing hospitals on the importance of reporting perinatal hepatitis B positive cases to the Houston Health Department.
- Provide adequate immunization services to community members during natural disasters.