Page last reviewed: November 7, 2022
Our nutrition programs are designed to eliminate food insecurity for older, vulnerable adults. Through a network of community-based agencies and government entities, we manage the distribution of close to 1.5 million meals annually, to adults 60 years or older, throughout Houston and Harris County.
Home Delivered Meals
In 2018, we provided 1,074,754 meals to over 7,239 home-bound individuals in Houston and Harris County through our home delivered meals program, commonly known as "meals on wheels."
Call us to find out if you, a friend, or family member can receive nutrition services: 832-393-4301.
Meals are provided between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., five days a week, at local community centers in Houston and Harris County.
More than 4,201 individuals received meals at a congregate site in 2018. In addition to meals, a congregate setting offers older adults a chance to participate in evidenced based programs and encourages social engagement that promotes their overall well-being.
Need Help with Community Dining?
- For help with our community dining locations, call: 832-393-4301.
- To search for dining and other services near you, visit the 2-1-1 Texas website, or call them at 2-1-1 or 877-541-7905. Learn how to search for services on 2-1-1 Texas.
Community Dining Locations
- Acres Homes Multi-Service Center
6719 W. Montgomery Rd., Houston, Texas 77091
- Bay Area Senior Center
1511 El Dorado Blvd., Houston, Texas 77062
- Bellerive Senior Center
7225 Bellerive Dr., Houston, Texas 77036
- Denver Harbor Senior Center
6402 Market St., Houston, Texas 77020
- Gateway Senior Center
6309 Martin Luther King Blvd., Houston, Texas 77021
- Goldberg Towers
10909 Fondren Rd., Houston, Texas 77096
6225 Northdale St., Houston, Texas 77087
- Heritage Hall
1025 Oates Rd., Houston, Texas 77029
- Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center
3810 W. Fuqua St., Houston, Texas 77045
- J. W. Peavy Senior Center
3814 Market St., Houston, Texas 77020
- Lakeview Senior Center
8950 Hammerly Blvd., Houston, Texas 77080
- La Porte Recreation Center
1322 S. Broadway, La Porte, Texas 77571
- Legacy Center for Senior Life
4640 Main St., Houston, Texas 77002
- Longhorn Senior Center
1414 Longhorn Dr., Houston, Texas 77080
- Lyerly Senior Center
75 Lyerly St., 77002
- Magnolia Multi-Service Center
7031 Capitol St., Houston, Texas 77011
- Manchester Senior Life
- 9301 Manchester St., Houston, Texas 77012
- Montrose Counseling Center
401 Branard St., Second Floor, Houston, Texas 77006
- NAM Senior Center
15555 Kuykendahl Rd., Houston, Texas 77090
- New Life Senior Center
48258 Almeda-Genoa Rd., Houston, Texas 77048
- Northeast Multi-Service Center
9720 Spaulding St., Houston, Texas 77016
- Northeast Community Center
10918 Bentley St., Houston, Texas 77093
- Oak Tree Senior Center
14603 Fonmeadow Dr., Houston, Texas 77035
- Kashmere Senior Center
4802 Lockwood Dr., Houston, Texas 77026
- Ripley House
4414 Navigation Blvd., Houston, Texas 77011
- Salvation Army Senior Center
2732 Cherry Brook Ln., Houston, Texas 77502
- South Houston Community Center
1007 State St., South Houston, Texas 77587
- Southwest Multi-Service Center
6400 High Star Dr., Houston, Texas 77074
- Sunnyside Multi-Service Center
9314 Cullen Blvd., Houston, Texas 77051
- Telephone Road Senior Center
6000 Telephone Rd., Houston, Texas 77087
- Third Ward Multi-Service Center
3611 Ennis St., Houston, Texas 77004
- Wesley Community Center
1410 Lee St., Houston, Texas 77009
- West End Multi-Service Center
170 Heights Blvd., Houston, Texas 77020
- West Office Senior Center
10303 West Office Dr., Houston, Texas 77042
Transportation to Congregate Meal Sites
To reduce food insecurity and ensure access to nutritious meals, we provide transportation to and from community meal sites for eligible older adults. In 2018, we provided 88,000 trips to 454 individuals.
Call us about transportation to and from community meal sites: 832-393-4301.